Things to do after the launch

Javi Lavandeira

Posted 6 years ago

I forgot: after the official launch we'll keep working on implementing two more functions:

1. Multi language support. The administration backend and the database already have implemented full support for English, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean. The next step will be to enable the language selection in the front end and add the translations.
  2. Online shop. This will be one of the most important functions of MSX Center. We'll have to code it almost from zero and it will take a little bit.

Again, your feedback is more than welcome!

Replies

Test :-)

Maybe urls to MSX websites that have regular updates or are very handy to have catalogued.

Or a repository of codes devided into several coding languages.

Are there going to be themes? This non-dark-theme is killing me.

I agree with Andrew, a choice between this default theme and a dark/inverse theme, like I use in an IDE,

or a classic MSX blue/white theme ;) that would be cool, just to see :)

I hadn't thought about adding themes. It's a good idea. It would take a while to implement, but it should't be difficult, just annoying.

I'll add it to the list of things to do after the launch. I can't commit to a completion date.

I agree with George, and MSX blue/white theme would be awesome :-)

Also MSX related emoticons would be a nice extension!

Well, that's nice idea, but for now I have other priorities that I think will have a more positive impact: multi language support, online store, and adding extra functionality to the conversation areas (such as editing one's messages after posting them).

In any case, if you want to take the initiative and prepare a CSS stylesheet with new color schemes then I can easily add them to the templates together with a setting in the user menu to choose the theme.

If you want to make MSX-related emoticons then I'm also perfectly fine with this, but please note: no copyrighted material. This means we can't use graphics/sprites taken from games, unless we get permission from the copyright owner explicitly.

Any plans for a RSS feed with the latest news?

Any plans for a RSS feed with the latest news?

Good point. I hadn't thought about it, but it's quite simple to implement. Just another controller and a template returning the RSS feed.

I'll implement it at some point after I finish more pressing things.

An other feature request, if you click on a comment or lounge title it would be nice if the page scrolls to the correct comment/lounge item. Now it just goes to the page and I need to scroll down.

if you click on a comment or lounge title it would be nice if the page scrolls to the correct comment/lounge item. Now it just goes to the page and I need to scroll down.

Do you mean in the front page? In the email notifications it already works like that.

Yes, I mean on the homepage, in the mail it works perfect :)

Done. Can you check again now? You may need to reload the page.

That's fast :) it works great! Thanks!

Post a reply

You need to be signed in to reply.