Saturated contact e-mail address / How to disable the notifications for new replies?

mars2000

Posted 6 years ago

I had first sent two messages to the contact e-mail address mentioned on the homepage, but both messages have led to a Delivery Status Notification (Failure):

The following message to <info@msx-center.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) '[Errno 61] Connection refused'

So, it seems that this e-mail address is saturated. For this reason, I copy here both messages:

First message

Hello!

I can’t find the way to disable the automatic notifications for new replies in threads where I’ve posted a message.

I guess it still needs to be implemented.

For me, these notifications are useless as I visit the site several times each day. And I don’t like to see so many emails in my inbox!

Thanks in advance for implementing the optional disabling in the Profile section when you have the time (I know it’s only the beginning of this site!)

Second message

In addition to my previous email: I’ve just created a rule in Windows Live Mail for all these notifications of new reply, they are now automatically deleted. So my inbox will no more filled with these emails!

Replies

You're correct. Right now there's no way to disable the notifications from the web interface yet, but the functionality is already implemented in the backend.

You can disable the notifications for a thread manually by visiting this URL:

https://www.msx-center.com/thread/THREADNUMBER/unsubscribe

Just replace the value THREADNUMBER with the identifier of the thread you want to unsubscribe from. You can find it in the URL after the /thread/ part. For example, this is thread 11.

In a few days I will be adding a button to subscribe/unsubscribe more easily. Until then, sorry for the annoyance.

And by the way, thanks to this post I've found another bug in the code. Thanks! :-)

Thanks for the tip! :)

Post a reply

You need to be signed in to reply.